If you are already trained as a server for the Traditional Mass and would like to serve with us, feel free to send us an email. If you would like to serve but have never been trained, Juventutem Boston is here to help!
The majority of the Masses offered and sponsored by Juventutem Boston are either Solemn High Masses or Sung High Masses (Missae Cantatae), depending on whether we have the resources and trained servers. The duties involved with serving at High Masses are more numerous than those involved with serving the Low Mass, which Juventutem Boston offers less frequently. However, learning to serve the Low Mass is instrumental in understanding how to serve at High Mass.
Below, you will find some useful links for learning different aspects of being a server (provided by SanctaMissa.org):
- How to Serve the Low Mass
- Tutorial for Low Mass with One Server (with videos)
- Low Mass Server Cheat Sheet (PDF)
- "A Rubrical Guide for Altar Servers" by Louis Tofari, in particular see:
- Low Mass for One Server
- Low Mass for Two Servers
- High Mass Basic Notes, and Instructions for MC I, MC II, Acolytes, Thurifer, Boatbearer, Crossbearer, Torchbearer
- Instructions for Solemn High Mass
- Instructions for Sung Mass (Missa Cantata)